Here’s a question we get asked a lot at our property seminars in London – do you really need an agent to help you?
Whilst it’s perfectly possible to build a property portfolio without any help whatsoever, a good property investment agent can add real value to your investing; helping to boost ROI in the long-term.
Here’s just a few reasons why it pays to work with an expert, rather than go it alone.
The Advantages of Working with a Specialist Property Agent
- Access to competitively priced properties. The best bargains are seldom found in high street estate agent windows. If you’re looking for properties that are priced competitively to sell, offering a far more attractive ROI, then you’ll want to register with a property agency, who will work with you to find the ideal buy-to-let property for sale within your budget.
- Inside knowledge. When you work with an agent, you’re not just benefitting from their expertise, you’re also gaining valuable insight into the market. They make it their business to hear about all the latest property trends and market news, and they’ll pass that information on to you.
- Support throughout the entire process. Investing in UK property can be daunting, particularly if you’ve never done it before. A good property investment agent will be on hand to answer all your questions, plus they’ll always be on the other end of the phone, whenever you need them most.
- Strategic thinking. All good investment plans require careful strategising – and that’s where an agent can be invaluable. They’ll help you to develop a solid business plan, identifying key goals and how you’re going to achieve them.
- Financial assistance. Getting your finances in order is sometimes a trial, especially if you haven’t invested in property in the UK before. An agent is usually part of a network of specialists who can help with financial matters, such as mortgage lenders, solicitors and financial advisors.
- Asset management. Don’t want the hassle of managing your properties by yourself? That’s not a problem. A good property agent will work alongside letting agents to handle all aspects of the rental process; from sourcing great tenants to collecting rent on time.
- Selling – when you’re ready. There will come a time when you’re ready to start selling properties, in order to free up some equity to grow your portfolio further. Look for an agent that’s happy to assist in the sales process too, and focused on getting you as much profit from capital growth as possible.
- Help with buying a house at auction. You may decide you want to explore the option of purchasing at a property auction (where there are big savings to be made). Many good property agents have expertise in house auctions, and can help you to find great buy-to-let properties for sale, at the perfect price.
The Buy2Let Shop
If you’re looking for an expert property investment agent to offer support, advice and guidance throughout the process, talk to The Buy2Let Shop. Over the years, we’ve helped hundreds of investors to successfully grow their portfolios, and achieve great ROI. To find out more, visit The Buy2Let Shop website today.