At The Buy2Let Shop’s property investment seminars in London, we don’t just focus on finding the perfect buy-to-let property for sale – we talk about maximising profits and making your money go further.
As a property investor, your top priority should be boosting ROI; the big question is, how do you do this effectively? Here are a few tips that we share at our property seminars, to help you get started.
Investing in UK Property? Top Tips to Consider
- Don’t rely solely on capital growth. It’s likely that you’ll make a profit when you sell your buy-to-let property – as it will have probably increased in value over time. However, it’s a bad idea to rely on capital growth alone, especially when there’s so much potential to make money from rental income. View your property as a means of generating as much profit as possible; both in the short- and long-term.
- Focus on rapid growth. Yes, it’s possible to generate a nice sum of cash from a single property investment. But trust us, you won’t make enough to live off, and any money made from capital growth won’t be enough to retire on! If you’re serious about investing in property in the UK, you’ll need to develop a property portfolio, to ensure you’ve got multiple streams of income coming in each month. It’s actually easier to achieve this than you might think, providing you know how to use mortgage loans cleverly, and when to sell properties on for a profit.
- Improve your property. Renovating or improving a property is still one of the best ways to increase overall profits. When you’re searching for buy-to-let property for sale, look for homes that require work (on a manageable level). Even adding an attic conversion or a small extension can make a dramatic difference to the price you can charge when you sell it on!
- Buy the savvy way. At our property seminars, we say this over and over again – the best places to find a house bargain are not the estate agents’ windows. If you’re serious about making money from property, you’ll need to search elsewhere; for example, buying a house at auction is a great way to save money on your purchase, as is buying through a property investment agent.
- Specialise in a particular area. We recommend specialising in a particular type of buy-to-let (e.g. student lets or HMOs), rather than being a ‘jack of all trades’. If you specialise in a specific area, you’ll swiftly become an expert, and make more informed investment decisions as a result.
The Buy2Let Shop Limited
If you’re keen to start investing in property in the UK, it’s important to do your research first. Develop good understanding of the market, and you’re far more likely to make a great profit. A good property investment agent, like the team at The Buy2Let Shop, can help you to achieve this. We also hold regular property investment seminars, designed to help you grow a property portfolio and boost ROI.
To find out more, simply visit The Buy2Let Shop website today.