The East Kent coast has been enjoying something of a reinvention in recent years. Its dated image is now very much a thing of the past as people of all ages (particularly those commuting to London) are exploring these seaside towns in a bid to get a taste of the ‘good life’ without losing proximity to the capital.
As such, the property market is booming in this area, particularly in locations like Ramsgate. If you’re looking for buy-to-let property for sale and want to know why Ramsgate is such a good option, read on.
Ramsgate – Property Investment Opportunities
For a long time, Ramsgate was overlooked in favour of its more well-known neighbour, Margate. This was due mainly to the fact that it was perceived as shabbier than Margate, and indeed, a few areas of the town do remain slightly downtrodden. However, for the most part, this is a town on the rise, and best of all, prices are considerably more affordable than other parts of Kent.
Why Invest Here?
Here are just a few reasons why you should seek out property investment opportunities in Kent:
- Well connected. There are regular trains to St Pancras station, which take around 75 minutes, and to Charing Cross and London Victoria (which take a little bit longer). Likewise, Dover is just over half an hour away, and Folkestone is 45 minutes. Get in a car and you’ll reach Canterbury in 40 minutes.
- Great architecture. Kent is well-known for its quaint seaside towns and Ramsgate is no exception. Expect to find some glorious examples of regency terraces along the seafront, plus some beautiful little cottages in the roads further into town. Tenants generally love character properties, which means you’re likely to find the ideal buy-to-let property for sale around here.
- Possible regeneration in the future? In March this year, Ramsgate was chosen as one of the UK’s first Heritage Action Zones, which will bring plenty of new investment into the area. It’s thought that the town will benefit from £400,000 in funds from Historic England over the next five years, and this is likely to send property prices soaring. Our advice? Get in quick before the prices rise!
- Popular with families. If you’re looking for property investments in the UK that appeal to tenants with families, then Ramsgate is ideal. The beaches are a natural draw, and the excellent local schools are likewise popular, with several of the primary schools being awarded ‘outstanding’ in their most recent Ofsted reports.
- Good for the holiday crowd. If you’re considering investing in UK property for holiday rental purposes, then Ramsgate is a great place to look for buy-to-let property for sale. The Kent Riviera pulls in plenty of holiday-makers in the summer, thanks to the fact that it’s well geared up to accommodate tourists – so it’s likely you’ll generate good returns from a holiday let.
The Buy2Let Shop in Bromley
If you’re interested in property investment opportunities in Ramsgate (or anywhere else in the country), talk to The Buy2Let Shop. We’re a team of expert property investment agents in London, and we’re here to help you find the ideal property, in the perfect location.
To find out more, simply visit The Buy2Let Shop website today.