If you’re interested in UK property investment, you may well have considered purchasing a buy-to-let property for sale in the capital. However, recent market uncertainties have deterred people from buying investment properties in London – for fear that their purchase wouldn’t offer the returns required.
The good news is that the London market looks promising for investment in 2018. Here’s more information.
Why Invest in a Property in London?
- Rentals are up. Reports suggest that the number of tenants in London is rising, and around 60% of the city’s population should be renting by 2025. As you can imagine, this presents excellent property investment opportunities for buyers, as demand for rented accommodation is likely to be high.
- First-time buyers are showing more interest. Statistics showed that the number of first-time buyers investing in London property rocketed last year – which is a clear sign that confidence is returning to the market. In fact, in the 3rd quarter of 2017, mortgage lending was up by £3.31billion – a huge increase of 7% on the previous year. In short – if first-time buyers are confident enough to invest, you should be too.
- Property prices are recovering. Of course, it’s always a mixed picture in London; thanks to market diversity. However, as a general rule, it’s fair to say that property prices are on the up again, after experiencing high levels of stagnation (and dropping) in 2017. Our advice is to get in quick before they climb further.
- Many areas are experiencing regeneration. Several parts of the capital are currently undergoing (or scheduled for) significant regeneration. This almost always pushes property prices upwards, and as such, canny investors are always on the look-out for the next big regeneration project in London. The simplest way to find out is to talk to a property investment agent in the capital, as they’ll have specialist knowledge of the market.
What to Look for?
If you’re searching for investment properties in London, consider the following:
- What area is best? Many parts of London are ideal for investment; particularly upcoming locations, or those about to benefit from improved transport links or redevelopment.
- Who are you trying to attract? Think about what type of tenant you want to attract, and what they’ll be looking for in a property. For example, students are seeking very different accommodation to retired renters.
- What’s your budget? It’s vital to be realistic about how much you can afford, as some parts of London are prohibitively expensive. However, there are also many affordable areas, and it’s likely that you’ll find something within your budget.
The Buy2Let Shop in Bromley
If you’re serious about investing in UK property, talk to The Buy2Let Shop. We’re a team of expert property investment agents in London, and we’ll help you find the ideal buy-to-let property for sale, at a price that suits your budget.
We’re also on hand to assist with developing longer-term investment strategies, and to grow your property portfolio. To learn more, visit The Buy2Let Shop website today.