Investment properties in London offer a lot of potential – not least because they command the highest rental prices in the UK. However, raising capital to purchase a London house isn’t always easy, as prices are generally steep.
As a result, investors are looking beyond the capital and extending their search to the neighbouring towns and villages. If you’re looking for investment properties in London, consider these locations instead; as they could offer an even better ROI.
Property Investment Opportunities Close to London
- Theale, West Berkshire. The sizeable village of Theale, situated just 40 minutes by train from Paddington, is often overlooked by investors, who tend to focus on neighbouring Reading instead. However, there’s a lot in Theale to appeal to families and young professionals, which makes it a good location for those seeking buy-to-let property for sale.
An average semi-detached property in Theale would cost about £277,000 – which is considerably less than the equivalent in London. In addition to its easy access to the capital, Theale also has an Ofsted ‘outstanding’ rated primary school – which will inevitably appeal to parents.
- Shenfield, Essex. By 2018, commuters will be able to travel from Shenfield to central London in just 40 minutes; thanks to the new Crossrail line. Unsurprisingly, clever investors are now focusing on the area; and property prices are predicted to rise by as much as 15% in the next few years. Shenfield is also well placed for access to Heathrow Airport, which will appeal to tenants who travel a lot by air.
- Foxton, Cambridgeshire. Unlike neighbouring Cambridge, where prices are predictably steep, Foxton offers great value properties, whilst also providing easy access to the capital. The commuting time from Foxton to Kings Cross is just 69 minutes, and an average three bedroomed semi-detached property costs around £350,000. The desirability of the area means that demand for rented accommodation is generally high.
- Sevenoaks, Kent. Prices are already on the rise in Sevenoaks, as increasing numbers of investors appreciate the appeal of the area. Planned regeneration means that the town is likely to become even more popular in the future, and as a result, savvy investors are purchasing in the area as soon as possible. It’s only a 23-minute commute to London, but new-build properties are a tenth of the price of London Bridge properties, which is where the train line terminates.
- West Hornden, Essex. Just eight miles from Basildon and close to the city, West Hornden offers a lot to tenants – with proximity to Lakeside Shopping Centre, not to mention plenty of attractive countryside nearby. Prices are rising steadily in the area, but are anticipated to rise further – so those seeking buy to let property for sale in West Hornden should act quickly.
The Buy2Let Shop Limited
If you’re looking for investment properties in London, and want advice on where to start your search, talk to The Buy2Let Shop. We’re a team of property investment agents in London, and we’re here to help you find the ideal buy to let property for sale.
We have a range of properties not available on the general market, plus offer assistance with buying a house at auction. If you’d like further tips and advice, we also host regular property investment seminars in London, designed to improve your knowledge of investing in property in the UK.
To find out more, simply visit our website today.