Investing in property in the UK is a popular way to generate ROI. It’s often seen as less risky than investing in stocks and shares, as the property market is less volatile. However, like any investment, it’s important to do your research first. Property investment agents and other experts are on hand to assist – and their help can be invaluable, particularly if you’re new to UK property investment.
Property Investment Opportunities for Buy-to-Let – A Summary
The main benefits of investing in a buy-to-let property for sale are:
- Steady form of revenue. Purchase in the right area, and you can anticipate a good monthly income. Obviously, it’s vital to identify a location where demand for rental accommodation is high.
- Capital growth. Certain areas of the UK are experiencing a surge in property values. Invest in one of these locations, and you may find your initial investment makes a serious profit in a few years’ time.
- Safer investment. Although no investment is ever 100% safe, buying property is regarded as less risky. Unlike stocks and shares, the property market is less likely to crash – and at present, it’s seen as more reliable than getting a pension.
- Higher returns. Of course, it depends where you invest (and how much you pay) – but generally speaking, buy-to-let investment has outperformed all other asset classes in the past few years, with some investors making serious money from it.
Be Aware of the Risks
Before you start searching for buy-to-let property for sale, find out more about the market. Read relevant publications. Take books out from your local library and read related articles online. Talk to a property investment agent – preferably one that knows your desired location well. Remember, there are also countless property investment seminars you can attend, which will help improve your knowledge of the market.
Here’s a few of the main risks associated with investing in buy-to-let property:
- Income isn’t guaranteed. It’s never guaranteed that you’ll have a steady stream of tenants, even in popular areas. Before investing, ascertain what you’ll do in the worst-case scenario – should the property stand empty for a period of time. If you won’t be able to manage financially, this might not be the right form of investment for you.
- Property prices can change. The common trend in the UK is for property prices to rise, not fall. However, don’t get complacent – the reverse can sometimes happen! If you thoroughly research the area first, you should be able to avoid this.
- You may incur unexpected costs. If all goes smoothly, it’s relatively easy to budget for being a landlord. However, sometimes the unexpected happens. The boiler may break down, for example – and it’s your responsibility to pay for a new one.
The Buy2Let Shop Limited
If you’re looking for buy-to-let property for sale, and you want some expert advice to support your investment, talk to The Buy2Let Shop. We’re a team of specialist property investment agents in London, and we’re here to assist with every aspect of your UK property investment – from identifying the right property, to getting it at a price that’s right for you.
To find out more, simply visit The Buy2Let Shop website today.