Property investment is one of the most common forms of investing in the country. Its popularity is unsurprising, given that it offers two streams of income – from monthly rental yield and from longer-term capital growth.
Whilst investing in UK property offers great ROI for landlords, it isn’t for everyone. If you’re unsure as to whether you should search for buy-to-let property for sale, here’s some considerations to help you make your decision.
UK Property Investment – Does it Suit You?
- Are you looking to make a swift profit? Do you want to generate thousands of pounds in profit, in a short space of time? If so, buy-to-let investment probably isn’t for you. You’re likely to make serious money from your purchase (both in income over the years, and from property value increases), but it won’t happen overnight. If you’re looking for a get-rich-quick scheme, other forms of investment are more suitable – but be aware, they’re likely to come with far higher risk.
- Are you happy to have your finances tied up in property? Unlike stocks and shares, you can’t access your finances quickly after purchasing a house – instead, you’ll have to go through the sales process to release them. If you’re not in a position to commit to long-term investment, buy-to-let probably isn’t right for you.
- Are you risk-adverse? If you’re reluctant to take big risks with your savings, then UK property investment might be for you. Unlike stocks and shares, the property market is far less volatile, which means it’s a lot less likely that house values will suddenly plummet without warning. Of course, buying a property comes with risk, but it’s a lot lower than other forms of investment.
- Are you a strategic thinker? Property investment is ideal for those who are adept at strategic thinking. Landlords who establish a solid property portfolio tend to reap big rewards, with many earning a full-time salary from their rental yield. Remember, if you’re not comfortable with developing a strategy, a good property investment agent can help.
- Are you happy to take on research? Unless you’re working with an expert, you’ll need to research the market thoroughly. It’s imperative to identify the best places to buy, and the right buy-to-let property for sale! Property investment seminars are a good way to build knowledge of the market, or alternatively, speak to fellow landlords, who will give you the real picture on what it’s like to operate in this industry.
- Are you okay with taking a proactive role? If you don’t want to get too involved, a letting agent can take on most of the hard work. However, you’ll still need to be proactive in terms of maintaining the property, and there are other responsibilities that you’ll have to shoulder if you want to enjoy success.
The Buy2Let Shop
Are you looking for the perfect buy-to-let property for sale? If you’re ready to start building your portfolio, talk to The Buy2Let Shop. We’re a team of professional property investment agents in London, and we’re here to support your purchase, every step of the way.
To find out more about our services, simply visit The Buy2Let Shop website today.