Are you looking for investment properties in London? Clever investors know that the capital has some great buy-to-let properties for sale, providing you know which areas to start searching in. As with any major city, there’s huge differences from borough to borough, with some offering fantastic capital growth and rental income, and others struggling to keep up.
If you’re interested in investing in UK property in London, here are some of the best places to start scouring the market.
Best Places for London Investment Properties
- Wood Green. Wood Green has been on the investor radar for a while now, thanks largely to its affordable property prices, particularly when compared to other Zone 3 locations. UK property investors have been keeping a particularly close eye on the area as it’s rumoured that a Crossrail 2 station will be built here, which is likely to send property prices sky-rocketing.
- Enfield. Once considered too far out to be taken seriously, improved transport links have made Enfield a real contender, plus it’s attractively close to the M25, which is ideal for those needing easy access to the rest of the country. It takes just half an hour to commute into Central London, and in addition to being close to the M25, it’s also near the A10 and the A1. Another big factor set to boost Enfield’s property market is the new Meridian Water development, which consists of 100,000 new properties, plus another new train station.
- East Croydon. Although it’s out in Zone 5, it’s still a short commute into Central London, via the Gatwick Express. The new Westfield Shopping Centre has also ignited interest in the area, not to mention the significant development and regeneration that’s been taking place in recent years. Fast becoming a young professional hot-spot, East Croydon is a great option for those seeking investment properties in London.
- East Ham. East Ham is one of the rising stars in the London borough of Newham, with demand for properties climbing steeply over the last few years. It takes just half an hour to reach Central London, yet is surrounded by plenty of pleasant green spaces, which is really appealing to families who are renting. The East Ham Nature Reserve is particularly noteworthy, as is Brampton Park, with its games area, trim trail and paddling pool.
- Woolwich. Woolwich has undergone a comprehensive facelift in recent years. The Royal Arsenal Riverside Development has not only added several new homes, but also brought a new library and public space to the area, and there are also plans to convert the derelict estates into new properties. The key thing to consider in Woolwich is, of course, the new Crossrail station, which will put the area firmly on the map. Expect property prices to rocket upwards fairly soon.
The Buy2Let Shop in Bromley
When searching for buy-to-let properties for sale, it’s important to work with a property investment agent who knows the market intimately, and can help you find the right buy-to-let property for sale, at a price that matches your budget.
The Buy2Let Shop are a team of expert property investment agents in London, and we’re here to assist you with your property search. We also offer help with buying a house at auction, and regularly host property seminars in London, designed to boost your knowledge of the market. To find out more, simply visit The Buy2Let Shop website today.