Keen investors are always on the look-out to find ways to improve ROI and generate solid profits for the future. There are many forms of investment available, but it’s generally agreed that investing in UK property is one of the most reliable, low-risk options.
If you’re thinking about investing in UK property, but aren’t sure if it’s for you, here are just a few of the benefits to help you make up your mind.
The Advantages of UK Property Investment
- Interest rates are currently low. If you’re funding the purchase with a mortgage, it’s good to know that interest rates are low at present, making it easier to afford a property which will generate good rental income (not to mention profit from capital growth in the future).
- Two streams of income. If you’re searching for buy-to-let property for sale, you’ll be able to enjoy two forms of ROI – the first from monthly rental yield, the second from longer-term capital gains. Extend your property portfolio further, and you may be in a position to live off the income generated.
- Lower-risk market. Unlike the stocks and shares market (which is notoriously volatile), the property market is relatively stable, and isn’t prone to sudden, dramatic crashes. Indeed, property prices tend to double approximately every ten years, which means, if you’re happy to invest on a long-term basis, you should make a sizeable profit at the end of it.
- Tangible investment. Some people are deterred from investing in stocks and shares, because it’s a non-tangible investment – i.e. you don’t generate a physical gain from it. By contrast, bricks and mortar provide obvious physical representation of your investment – thus providing greater personal control.
- Flexible options. The buy-to-let market offers flexibility, in that you can be as involved (or uninvolved) with your investment as you want. If you want to take on an active role as a landlord, that’s perfectly acceptable. However, if you want to give the responsibility to someone else, that’s also an option – there are a number of letting agents and property investment agents on hand, ready to help.
- Plenty of support and guidance. Work with a property investment agent, and you’ll have access to properties not on the general market (and priced competitively to sell). You’ll also benefit from support and guidance throughout the purchasing process.
Pitfalls of Investing in UK Property?
Of course, like any form on investment, buying property isn’t an entirely risk-free process – and it’s important never to invest more than you can afford. It’s also vital to remember that buying a property should be seen as a long-term investment – if you’re looking to make money in a short period of time, other forms of investment may be more suitable (but be prepared to accept a higher risk!).
The Buy2Let Shop Limited
If you’re searching for buy-to-let property for sale, and want some support and guidance throughout the process, talk to The Buy2Let Shop. We’re a team of specialist property investment agents, and we’re here to help you find the ideal house or apartment, at the right price for your budget.
To find out more about our services, get in touch via The Buy2Let Shop website today.