“Knowing is not enough..” so take the information you learn here build on it and then apply it!
If you’re searching for property investment opportunities in London, you may be frustrated by the lack of affordability. Although average asking prices have dropped in the wake of the EU Referendum, it’s still costly to purchase in the capital – which leads many investors to explore other areas instead.
If you’re seeking buy-to-let property for sale, and you want to find somewhere that enables your tenants to still commute to London, here’s a few locations that might entice you.
Property Investment Opportunities Outside London
- Southend-on-Sea. This once-popular seaside resort suffered significant decline in the 20th century; and by 2000, was regarded as run-down and undesirable to live in. However, a £50 million seafront renovation project, plus a new seawater lagoon, has injected new life into the area. It has three train stations; and commutes are 40 minutes to Fenchurch Street and under an hour to Liverpool Street. Understandably, it’s becoming increasingly popular with London workers, which is evident from the significant price growth in the region. Average house prices in Southend are just £285,926; an increase of £50,000 in just six months.
- Soon set to be connected to the capital by Crossrail, investors are paying serious attention to Reading, and it’s fast becoming a property hotspot. It takes just 28 minutes to commute to Paddington, and it’s also close to Oxford – a popular area for families. An average property in the area is just £285,312; though be warned, buyers are aware of the property investment opportunities here, and prices are creeping up steadily. Our advice? Buy quickly!
- East and West Malling (Kent). Tenants are attracted to the quaint village appeal of both East and West Malling; not to mention the close proximity to London. Commuting times from both locations to London Victoria are both under an hour. However, prices are still very affordable, and you can expect to pay, on average, just over £305,000.
- Theale, in West Berkshire, is a popular village, and is only a 40-minute commute to Paddington. The ‘outstanding’ Ofsted-rated school brings families to the area, which is welcome news if you’re looking for buy-to-let property for sale. Expect to pay around £277,000; though be aware that prices have risen 41% in the last five years, and look set to continue doing so.
- Britain’s oldest recorded town has enjoyed significant regeneration in recent years, and is becoming far more appealing to tenants. Average property prices tend to be about £250,000, and the commute to London Liverpool Street is just 50 minutes.
“Willing is not enough…” – Attend one of our property seminars to take the next step!
The Buy2Let Shop
Are you looking for buy-to-let property for sale? If so, talk to The Buy2Let Shop in Bromley. We’re specialist property investment agents, and it’s our job to help you find the right house, in the right area.
We’ve got a large number of property investment opportunities on our books; which aren’t available to the general public. Our team also offer support with buying a house at auction, and if you want to improve your knowledge of the market, you’re welcome to attend one of our informative property investment seminars in London.
To find out more, simply visit The Buy2Let Shop website today.